Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Home made Syrup for digestion.

People in India consume some home made syrups for digestion problems.
They drink this syrup before bedtime once in a week.
This is one of the few kashayams (syrups) used in TamilNadu for getting gas relief.
This is the simplest among various syrups . Pregnant women should not drink this.

Ingredients:

Garlic - 7 pearls
Dry ginger powder - 1 tbsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Black pepper - 1 tsp
coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Jaggery - 100 gms
water - 3 cups (600 ml)

Method:

Except jaggery grind all the ingredients given above with little water.
Boil the given amount of water with jaggery and add the herbal paste made.
Stir occasionally and boil everything until the liquid gets reduced to 2 cups.
Now cool the syrup and strain the clear syrup out of it.
Drink it at night (one hour after dinner) to get rid of digestion problems.
serves 2 people.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Hello ,

Im writing you in regard to exchanging links with your site and hope you will consider my proposal. I happened to come across your site and I actually
have one that's related to yours and I thought it would be beneficial for us to do a blogroll link exchange. Please let me know if you're
interested and I'll put your link up right away.

All I would need to know if your desired link, and anchor text. I will return with my information.

As always, they would be follow links.

Additionally, I have sites in many categories that we could exchange on.

Thanks you for your time and I truly hope to hear back from you.

Regards,

Matt
rimfiregroup [at] gmail

ambicks said...

nice postings viki.traditional tamilnadu dishes. very nice.

Anonymous said...

Rather cool site you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Sincerely yours
Jeph Normic

Broccoli Poriyal

This is an  ' Indian version of broccoli stir fry'. I love this vegetable very much and we buy this always. I buy this broccoli as c...